If you are dealing with E.D., you are not alone: nearly one in every four men over sixty-five will experience some degree of erectile dysfunction. Younger men often struggle with E.D. as well.
What is Erectile Dysfunction (E.D.)?
Erectile Dysfunction is the consistent inability to sustain an erection sufficient for sexual intercourse.
Check out The Tom Bradley Show with Boone Hospital and Dr. Mechlin!
What Causes E.D.?
As a result of recent medical research, it is now known that more than 80% of men suffering from E.D. can trace its origin to a physical problem or disorder. For most men, the cause of E.D. can now be fairly easily identified. Once identified, proper treatment can be recommended to help return them to a satisfying sex life.
E.D. can be caused by physical disorders such as:
- An injury (i.e. brain or spinal cord)
- A disease (i.e. diabetes, high blood pressure, or high cholesterol)
- Various studies have estimated that between 20% – 71% of individuals with diabetes suffer from erectile dysfunction 3 .
- An operation (i.e. prostate gland removal)
- Substance use (i.e. tobacco, drugs, alcohol or medications)
Other facts about Erectile Dysfunction (Impotence):
- Approximately 30 million American men suffer from erectile dysfunction.
- Most men with erectile dysfunction still have the ability to have an orgasm and father a child, but often have difficulty doing these things because they can’t get or sustain an erection.
- Erectile dysfunction is not normal, and is by no means an inevitable consequence of aging.
- Most men at one time or another during their sexual lives are unable to get or keep an erection. This is normal and does not indicate a problem. However, millions of men of all ages experience this inability as a continuing problem.
- In most cases, erectile dysfunction can be overcome.